Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skirt material for sale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    More than 30 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

Default Skirt material for sale

4oz High Tenacity nylon fabric coated with black Hyperlon coating. This is the end few rolls from a large production run, offered at a very low price. Material is nominal 1.5M wide, normal price 7 per sqm, special purchase price 6-50 linear m, (ie 4-33 sqm). This is not the normal cheap polyurethane coated nylon, but a very high quality material at a very low price. Just a few 100m's available so if you want some you will have to be quick.

VAT and delivery to be added, orders over a 100m carriage free. PM or call 0779 3807073

Keith

Vortex Services

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Default Re: Skirt material for sale

Keith is this the same stuff Magnus uses on his craft or a different material?
    Dave Reyburn

More than 30 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

Magnus & Hibby used to use Reevscote material but they were bought out by Trelleborg and then stopped production....no demand!!! Magnus had some other stuff made by an Itallian company who claimed they were making the same material, Magnus and I had a vast quantity made and it was 'rubbish' the coating fell off...cost me an arm and a leg and legal fees to get our money back......so in short no, its not the same.

It is a UK base cloth (unusual) and it is coated in the UK. We do do something right at times.

Seriously though it is very good material we use it on all our craft, the biiger craft use a 6oz version and our smaller craft are now using the 4oz one.

Keith
    Last edited by smallw1449; 4-Feb-11 at 09:17 PM. Reason: spelling error

hoverhod Club Member

Hello Keith,

I dont' suppose you can supply a lighter version of the same material, say 2 oz, I and a few others in the Model Hovercraft Association are on the lookout for our model hovercraft, the scale size is 1/12th.
    At the moment I use lightweight PVC coated cloth, as it is very flexible.

Regards,

Larry Hodgson

More than 10 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

i have a roll of some very light stuff i dont want .If you remind me i will bring it to the AGM . It is lighter than 2 oz

hoverhod Club Member

Thanks for the offer,
    Is it of the same type of material that Keith has, but lighter?

Larry

hoverhod Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by speddi3060 View Post
    i have a roll of some very light stuff i dont want .If you remind me i will bring it to the AGM . It is lighter than 2 oz
    This is a reminder about bringing the very light skirt material to the AGM. Can I have your full name!
    Send it by email to larryhod@yahoo.co.uk.

Cheers,
    Larry

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by smallw1449 View Post
    Magnus & Hibby used to use Reevscote material but they were bought out by Trelleborg and then stopped production....no demand!!! Magnus had some other stuff made by an Itallian company who claimed they were making the same material, Magnus and I had a vast quantity made and it was 'rubbish' the coating fell off...cost me an arm and a leg and legal fees to get our money back......so in short no, its not the same.

It is a UK base cloth (unusual) and it is coated in the UK. We do do something right at times.

Seriously though it is very good material we use it on all our craft, the biiger craft use a 6oz version and our smaller craft are now using the 4oz one.

Keith
    Keith,
    I bought a 42m roll from Magnus at the Worlds. I hope it's not the "rubbish" material. He assured me it was very good stuff. It's called Orca 861 from Pennel & Flipo. A 4oz brownish colored nylon base cloth with a black hypalon coating that feels like neoprene. I'm quite impressed with it so far. Anyway your fabric price sounds great. Too bad the shipping cost would be prohibitive to bring it over to the US.
    Dave Reyburn