Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 16 of 16

Thread: Skirt material for sale

  1. #9
    Very active > 100 posts Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: Skirt material for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by smallw1449 View Post
    Magnus & Hibby used to use Reevscote material but they were bought out by Trelleborg and then stopped production....no demand!!! Magnus had some other stuff made by an Itallian company who claimed they were making the same material, Magnus and I had a vast quantity made and it was 'rubbish' the coating fell off...cost me an arm and a leg and legal fees to get our money back......so in short no, its not the same.

    It is a UK base cloth (unusual) and it is coated in the UK. We do do something right at times.

    Seriously though it is very good material we use it on all our craft, the biiger craft use a 6oz version and our smaller craft are now using the 4oz one.

    Keith
    Keith,
    I bought a 42m roll from Magnus at the Worlds. I hope it's not the "rubbish" material. He assured me it was very good stuff. It's called Orca 861 from Pennel & Flipo. A 4oz brownish colored nylon base cloth with a black hypalon coating that feels like neoprene. I'm quite impressed with it so far. Anyway your fabric price sounds great. Too bad the shipping cost would be prohibitive to bring it over to the US.
    Dave Reyburn

  2. #10
    More than 30 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Skirt material for sale

    No you are alright with that material Penels is very good but at around 14 sqm it should be..!!! That was the replacent material that Magnus and I bought after our disaster with the other material. From a supplier point of view Penel are difficult to deal with requiring a minimum order of 1000m.....

    You have to be very certain you are either going to use it or sell it before you make that kind of investment.

    Cheers

    Keith

  3. #11
    Very active > 100 posts Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: Skirt material for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by smallw1449 View Post
    No you are alright with that material Penels is very good but at around 14 sqm it should be..!!! That was the replacent material that Magnus and I bought after our disaster with the other material. From a supplier point of view Penel are difficult to deal with requiring a minimum order of 1000m.....

    You have to be very certain you are either going to use it or sell it before you make that kind of investment.

    Cheers

    Keith
    Yes it was very expensive, 3 times more than I would normally pay but I don't often have the opportunity to get my hands on fabric like that since I don't get over to Europe often. The "shipping" was free in the container . Now if I could have put a Raptor hull in there too I'd have been all set.
    Dave Reyburn

  4. #12
    Very active > 100 posts Comps Cttee.
    Scrutineer
    Club Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: Skirt material for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Hovertrekker View Post
    Yes it was very expensive, 3 times more than I would normally pay but I don't often have the opportunity to get my hands on fabric like that since I don't get over to Europe often. The "shipping" was free in the container . Now if I could have put a Raptor hull in there too I'd have been all set.

    Damn. You should have asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #13
    Very active > 100 posts Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: Skirt material for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by lewend4439 View Post
    Damn. You should have asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You looked like you were having too much fun with yours!
    Dave Reyburn

  6. #14
    hoverhod Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Skirt material for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by speddi3060 View Post
    i have a roll of some very light stuff i dont want .If you remind me i will bring it to the AGM . It is lighter than 2 oz
    This is a reminder about bringing the very light skirt material to the AGM. Can I have your full name!
    Send it by email to larryhod@yahoo.co.uk.

    Cheers,
    Larry

  7. #15
    More than 10 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Skirt material for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Hovertrekker View Post
    Keith is this the same stuff Magnus uses on his craft or a different material?
    Dave This is a material we specified from the manufacturers some years ago and is used on all of our craft it is nearpreen coated material with a few microns of hiperlon on the surface which doubles the wear life BUT the Hiperlon will blister if left for to long in the sun.
    BBV cost is 6.5 (+VAT )per metre run length
    Last edited by Bill Baker; 14-Mar-11 at 05:51 PM.

  8. #16
    Very active > 100 posts Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: Skirt material for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Baker View Post
    Dave This is a material we specified from the manufacturers some years ago and is used on all of our craft it is nearpreen coated material with a few microns of hiperlon on the surface which doubles the wear life BUT the Hiperlon will blister if left for to long in the sun.
    BBV cost is 6.5 (+VAT )per metre run length
    When my other runs out, I might see about bringing over a roll or two. Thanks Bill.
    Dave Reyburn

Similar Threads

  1. Black or Red Skirt material
    By tonybroad - n/a in forum General Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-Nov-07, 08:38 AM
  2. Skirt material
    By Horus - n/a in forum General Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8-Feb-07, 06:31 PM
  3. Finger/segmented skirt material
    By quahogwi - n/a in forum General Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-Jun-06, 07:27 PM
  4. Skirt material
    By Michel - n/a in forum General Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-Mar-06, 10:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •