Thread: First post, certainly not the last.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Less than 10 posts so far!

Default First post, certainly not the last.

Hi Y'all,
    I've been in love with the idea of a hovercraft ever since seeing one glide down the Champs Elyses in Paris chased by a Gendarme on a bicycle in 1979.

I now find myself in the happy position of being able to get on and build one and after a lot of research and thinking about designing my own I've decided I'm not that good an engineer. So I've settled on a SevTec Geoduck or maybe a Surveyor, once I've costed it, as best suited to my needs.

My question is this: from what I've read, Sevtec specify polyurethane foam cores. However, polyisocyanurate is more easily obtainable here and differs very little in it's properties from PUR.

Does anyone have any view on this? Could I use PIR?

Thanks Guys

Forum God > 400 posts

Default Re: First post, certainly not the last.

The guys you want to speak to are mostly here http://hoverclub.org.uk/index.php

I am sure you will get as much help on this site but when it comes to sev's, the other guys that own and run them are the ones to talk to.
    In the beginning there was the Cube; I know where is came from and it has the power to create Hover life. But with great power comes great Fun.