Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: No F3 or Endurance Racing at 2012 Worlds

Forum God > 400 posts Family/group Member coles2196/01's Avatar

Default Re: No F3 or Endurance Racing at 2012 Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    From so some feedback that Conrad came back with from the EHF event in France, it is felt that we "can't be bothered" to support the EHF events, so why should the EHF countries support us. To a point, I can see what they mean, but if they had full and active racing series in their countries, I am sure they wouldn't need to, or be able to afford to attend the EHF series either. It's a catch 22 that I just can't see a way out of.

Jon, your suggestion may be a good one, and we can keep nagging, but as far as the hosts are concerned, the decision has been made!

On a personal note, I am really really frustrated that I have just realised that they have stolen my 40th birthday weekend, I had been planning a huge party, especially with my birthday actually on the weekend for a change, and instead I may well be sat at home billy-no-mates with a daughter who has just started big school. NOT A HAPPY BUNNY!
    "can't be bothered" is probably because of the cost of getting to Europe in the first place - both monetarily and in time! So........... when we retire ..............!
    Growing old is compulsory -
    Growing up is optional!

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coles2196/01 View Post
    "can't be bothered" is probably because of the cost of getting to Europe in the first place - both monetarily and in time! So........... when we retire ..............!
    I wouldn't say we have it any worse than some of the Europeans to be honest, the Swedish have to travel vast distances for example.

I think the difference is that we have a fairly packed calendar so can do all our racing in the UK.

The Europeans are good fun, I certainly enjoyed the few I did. Took the Friday and Monday off work and had a great time traveling in convoy etc etc.
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Forum God > 400 posts Family/group Member coles2196/01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Pert View Post
    I wouldn't say we have it any worse than some of the Europeans to be honest, the Swedish have to travel vast distances for example.

I think the difference is that we have a fairly packed calendar so can do all our racing in the UK.

The Europeans are good fun, I certainly enjoyed the few I did. Took the Friday and Monday off work and had a great time traveling in convoy etc etc.
    Hence going on the Raid!! A whole week of hovercraft, scenery, drink and great food - but best of all the company and comaraderie!
    Growing old is compulsory -
    Growing up is optional!

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Just an idea, we the U.K could run the F3,FJ and endurance races, run alongside a british european.this would include all countries that would like to attend. Taking Formula Junior out of Germany would ease their programme and hopefully more Juniors from within the UK and outside would be able to attend
    If unacceptable by the Worlds committee we could call it the World Cup.

More than 10 posts! Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by broad5186 View Post

i am pleased the President and Secretary believe the world championships should, within reason, be as inclusive as possible and include F3 - i believe it is within reason that if enough register for a formula it should happen and this should be the case for all worlds in the future

as a club i think we need to consider how we address this, now and in the future

comments please
    I think the "if enough register for a formula it should happen" is a very valid point as otherwise members from other countries where the formula has fewer numbers will not see first hand how the formula craft can perform at a world level and how it could relate to their own involvement with hovercraft. This is especially true with F3 as it goes from a 2 stroke dominated formula with a large population in UK, to a more mixed array with more four strokes as they become more widely available. The benefit to hovercrafting generally is to display the mix to as wide a group of interested participants as possible.

This raises the issue of how early should registrations be lodged and under what grounds could the program be modified later closer to the actual competition if numbers initially are sufficient, but at a later date, diminish. Registration fees, confirmations closer to the day, partial fees, what grounds for refunds if any. Alternative venues, venue preferences if there is a choice given, lots of issues to sort and best done co-operatively to avoid any harm.

yamah

Extremely active > 250 posts! Club Member

the F3 racing this weekend was epic and worthy of any championship - we were faster than 503's this weekend and fast enough to finish 2nd in F2

it's the worlds loss if we don't race

tony

Very active > 100 posts Council
    Club Member

and fast enough to finish 2nd in F2
    Only due to being reliable!!! If you compare my fastest laptimes at Rother to yours then there is a considerable difference. We did have a close race in the open yesterday but if mine was playing ball I'd of been long gone

More than 10 posts! Club Member

the F3 racing this weekend was epic and worthy of any championship - we were faster than 503's this weekend and fast enough to finish 2nd in F2

it's the worlds loss if we don't race

tony
    Being faster than the 503's is the perfect reason why F3 should remain with the cc limit and not go to any different regulation limits such as a thrust limit.

Two different types of competitor, one that wants to go all out using every factor possible within the cc limit and push boundaries in most other respects and another who is satisfied with a regulated capacity and carbs and exhaust and weight da da da where development on the craft is more constrained and driver input alone plays a larger part in the outcome.

The competitor type decides which formula they want to be in, F3 needs to be there to attract that type at that scale.

yamah