Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rother Valley Event

More than 10 posts! Club Member les bran's Avatar

Default Re: Rother Valley Event

Great weekend, a big thankyou to Gaynor and Catherine for the childrens activities - Oliver hasnt let go of his trophy as yet! Great to see members participating with evening activites as opposed to sitting in motorhomes, hopefully this will go from strength to strength at other meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by daly5546 View Post
    I would like to thank some of those who made it a great weekend.

The New Recreation Committee organised the rides around the course.
    Kevin and Carla generously allowed us to use their craft.
    They also had several guided paddock tours which gave people great understanding of hovercraft and their differences.
    Early in the evening Catherine, Gaynor and helpers were run ragged by dozens of children who proudly showed their parents that 'at least one member of the family can win a trophy'!!!!!
    We celebrated Gill's birthday with excellent cake and liquid refreshment.
    The big kids had great fun later with their own version of space hopper games that went well into the night. Finally it was topped off with some yodelling! (Mick)

On top of all that there was some cracking racing, excellent swimming, great recovery and submarine work.

Chris

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Well I think the marshalls did a fantastic job this weekend! Especially the boat crews!

I hope the water was warmer than it looked!

I did drive past a few times but did not call in, that is the first time I have not been there in a lot of years!

I think a good collective pat on the back to you all!

B.

Forum God > 400 posts Family/group Member coles2196/01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daly5546 View Post
    I would like to thank some of those who made it a great weekend.

The New Recreation Committee organised the rides around the course.
    Kevin and Carla generously allowed us to use their craft.
    They also had several guided paddock tours which gave people great understanding of hovercraft and their differences.
    Early in the evening Catherine, Gaynor and helpers were run ragged by dozens of children who proudly showed their parents that 'at least one member of the family can win a trophy'!!!!!
    We celebrated Gill's birthday with excellent cake and liquid refreshment.
    The big kids had great fun later with their own version of space hopper games that went well into the night. Finally it was topped off with some yodelling! (Mick)

On top of all that there was some cracking racing, excellent swimming, great recovery and submarine work.

Chris
    And I would like to add my thanks to EVERYONE who managed to find out it was my birthday and gave me lots of cake (it was nearly all gone by the end), masses of drink (which will help at future meetings), several birthday songs (one of which was orange!) and a jar of pickled onions!!

See you all at Towcester where there may be a reappearance of horsey hoppers!
    Growing old is compulsory -
    Growing up is optional!