Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What is this pipe fitting???

  1. #1
    More than 10 posts! Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default What is this pipe fitting???

    Wondering if anyone can help me please, I'm trying to figure out the name of a pipe fitting. The type where you have a large existing pipe, and a clamp goes around the edge and holds another pipe onto it at 90 degrees. So you can add a T section to an existing pipe basically.

    I want to take a 2" pipe and add a 1" pipe into the side of it, ideally in a Y configuration but T will do!

    Many thanks.

  2. #2
    More than 30 posts! Club Member garagewayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: What is this pipe fitting???

    I think its called a saddle fitting, I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

  3. #3
    More than 30 posts!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: What is this pipe fitting???

    I believe you are referring to a clamp saddle. they are available via large plumbers merchants from a company called Astore (Thermoplastic pipework systems) They make a wide range of Polypropylene saddles from about 20mm upward of 250mm. I don't think they do 135 deg saddles, only 90 deg.

Similar Threads

  1. Fitting Flow Straighteners
    By cbjroms - n/a in forum General Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20-Oct-08, 10:04 PM
  2. Weslake Bearing Fitting
    By hang - n/a in forum General Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-Jul-07, 09:21 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts