Thread: Brand new bod here.

Less than 10 posts so far!

Default Brand new bod here.

Hi to all.
    I am totally brand new and need to regain my interest in all things that hover. I was introduced to the hover craft in my younger years by Grant Whittingham. An amazing guy who allways had time to chat and help. I am now not working so have time on my hands and intend to build a four seater for pleasure. I have the skills required and the space and machinery. All I need is the get up and go. I will be requiring some help along the way. So thank you in advance and I really look foreward to chatting with you all.

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Default Re: Brand new bod here.

HI and welcome.

Have you decided what craft you are going to build? For a first build it is usually better to stick to a set of plans or a kit. This avoids a lot of the unecessary pitfalls that designing your own will throw up for sure.

You will find that help and advise is never far away on this club forum and the hoverclub forum. Both clubs are full of knowledgable people that are willing to help.

Good luck with what ever craft you decide on and hope to see you out cruising in it one day at the many events that take place around the country. I am assuming you live in the UK.

Al

Less than 10 posts so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    HI and welcome.

Have you decided what craft you are going to build? For a first build it is usually better to stick to a set of plans or a kit. This avoids a lot of the unecessary pitfalls that designing your own will throw up for sure.

You will find that help and advise is never far away on this club forum and the hoverclub forum. Both clubs are full of knowledgable people that are willing to help.

Good luck with what ever craft you decide on and hope to see you out cruising in it one day at the many events that take place around the country. I am assuming you live in the UK.

Hi thanks for the reply and yes I live in Dorset UK. Not decided yet but would like to build a four seater and steal as many ideas as I can from other designs. I think single four stroke engine twin fan lift and propulsion with variable thrust prop, maybe two thrust props. Glass and carbon construction using foam core. Sliding enclosure cockpit so it will be all weather. As for the skirt maybe bag and finger design.

Al
    Bugger put the reply in the wrong box still you'll get my drift.

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Take a look at some of the Sevtec designs, they tick several of your boxes.