Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Helmet Skinz

More than 10 posts! Club Member

Default Helmet Skinz

A few people asked me about were I got my helmet cover's from!

So here it is https://www.helmetskinz.co.uk

You can get alsorts! You can get names on them so Barry doesn't have to keep relying on body shape to figure out who it is!

Cheers
    Martin Lock, Number 4

Forum God > 400 posts Family/group Member coles2196/01's Avatar

Default Re: Helmet Skinz

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Lock View Post
    A few people asked me about were I got my helmet cover's from!

So here it is https://www.helmetskinz.co.uk

You can get alsorts! You can get names on them so Barry doesn't have to keep relying on body shape to figure out who it is!

Cheers
    I think some/all drivers should have their numbers on them!! Probably a lot less likely for a head to fall off than using rubbish gaffa tape!!
    Growing old is compulsory -
    Growing up is optional!

More than 30 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

At the EHF meeting last weekend the use of brightly coloured helmets was discussed again.
    It is quite probable this is not going to go away for European or World Championships & all drivers will find they will have to have a brightly coloured (ideally fluorescent or orange) helmet in the future.

I have been in touch with HelmetSkinz.co.uk who offer a cheaper solution than buying a new crash helmet.

They are willing to offer club members 10% discount

Follow the link to the Club Member Discount Thread.
    Last edited by Jon Pert; 3-Nov-11 at 10:02 PM.
    Conrad Beale

Very active > 100 posts Council
    Club Member

At least if you are in the water your head will look like an orange or yellow bouy, you should be driven around and not over, similar to what everyone does with the bendy post course markers really! I can see their point of being visible but how about just saying no to black and dull non reflective colours? and who decides whether the helmet is brightly coloured enough as there must be some sort of regulation to identify whats allowed & what isn't! and putting reflective tape or stickers isn't exceptable either!

Can hear Barry now as we line up on the grid "in pole position we have Dan Turnbull he's the one to watch and is easily identified by his bright orange crash helmet, in 2nd place we have Tristan Rhodes also with an Orange Crash Helmet, 3rd Keith Rhodes with an Orange lid, Martin Locke with a tangerine lid but watch out because Jon Spedding with the Orange crash helmet is starting from the back and will make his way to fight for the lead with-in the first lap ..... so I'll just watch the one with the orange lid then!!

Am not having a go because the information is being relayed to everyone and it has been spoken about before, obviously for scruitineering, Helmet covers are removed to check the condition of the lid!!

Kev
    Last edited by Scuba Kev; 6-Nov-11 at 08:01 AM.

Very active > 100 posts Comps Cttee.
    Scrutineer
    Club Member

2012 WHF and 2012 EHF regulations:

"Crash helmets should be of very bright colour such that they can, depending on the nature of the racing environment, be very easily seen. Reflecting (fluorescent) colours are highly recommended. If relevant any countries legal requirements will take precedence over this rule but event Organisers will be required to make this known twelve months in advance"

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Hi Jamie,

That sounds like it's a rule that could end in lots of people debating weather their lid is 'brightly coloured' or not. For example, mine is predominantly black, but with a bright orange stripe. I think that is visible, but would the officials?

Also, some brightly coloured lids have a lot of greys in them, would the bright bits count as enough?

Obviously, the rulemakers ideals are to have fluorescent orange lids like the offshore power boaters I assume. Is there any way of knowing exactly what will be allowed?

I would hate to travel to Germany next year only to find that my lid is to 'dark'....

Nick

Extremely active > 250 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

The rule says "should", not "must" so it doesn't matter either way
    I'r Gad!

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan Black View Post
    The rule says "should", not "must" so it doesn't matter either way
    This is ridiculous.

Jamie:

Have the WHF change it to "MUST" right away. We don't need anyone getting hurt for the sake of semantics. Some people don't realise that the WHF have their safety in mind when coming up with this stuff. In my mind, safety is the number one priority and certainly takes precedence over having a "cool looking helmet".

Bob