Thread: Cholomondeley Castle revisited

Extremely active > 250 posts! Club Member

Default Cholomondeley Castle revisited

Cholomondeley Castle have approached me about having hovercraft on the big main lake at the 2012 Pageant which is June 16th 17th between Rother and Nottingham races - i've said we can;t race as we already have a full calendar so it won't be a race meeting but thinking more like a hover-in with displays of hovercraft in all their forms, corporate hovercraft rides and a good opportunity to show off our recent junior/cadet/schools initiatives and attract new members

i understand it will be at no cost to us which was a huge sticking point last time

any ideas ? i'll be meeting the guy who organises the lake events soon and would like suggestions and to gauge if people would be interested in taking part

cheers

Tony

Very active > 100 posts

Default Re: Cholomondeley Castle revisited

Sounds like a great idea Tony. It's a lovely venue and we'd be interested in getting involved in something.

How long do they envisage letting hovercraft on the lake for? I know that last time the events on that lake were timetabled, so before planning anything we'd need to know how much time was available.

Perhaps we could do some displays, mini races, give rides to the public, speed trials, teaching sessions?

not sure how much time we'll get but if it's not plenty then i don't think we'd be interested, i doubt we can 'race' as such as it then involves lots of other issues but i can see us having a constant presence there all weekend we can even begin on the Friday, plus we're in the main arena so we'll see all the other attractions around us

Tony

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Potentially i imagine team NFS will be up for bringing all working craft along. Will we be able to access the whole show for the weekend?

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Rhodes View Post
    Potentially i imagine team NFS will be up for bringing all working craft along. Will we be able to access the whole show for the weekend?
    It is nearly half way through the season?????? Might not be many!!!!

Chris
    Chris and the boys

Hi Tony,
    well at least they have come back to you on free terms!

i guess you will be proposing to them that we can run a proper race meeting in 2013 if they can comit to us early. whats the crack with paddock space and grid up though near the lake?
    as i recall the lake was close to the main event area so i guess space is going to be at a premium.

i'm thinking ther'll be less powerboats there which will give more room, i'll be meeting the orgasniser soon so see what goes

tony