Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nottingham Hoverfest

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Default Nottingham Hoverfest

Hi,
    Is the actual start date of this event June 6, or is there something going on prior to the 6th? I seem to recall something going on the 1st or 2nd. Maybe it got changed from the preliminary dates?

Thanks!!
    Dave Reyburn

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Default Re: Nottingham Hoverfest

Happy New Year Dave!
    It starts with a UK national (all welcome) on sat 2nd - mon 5th June, then all sorts of events midweek then closes with a European Race meeting on sat 9th & sun 10th. All based on one site just outside the city of Nottingham - Robin Hood and all that.
    But I'm sure one of the organisers will be along shortly with more info!
    Keith

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Oakley View Post
    Happy New Year Dave!
    It starts with a UK national (all welcome) on sat 2nd - mon 5th June, then all sorts of events midweek then closes with a European Race meeting on sat 9th & sun 10th. All based on one site just outside the city of Nottingham - Robin Hood and all that.
    But I'm sure one of the organisers will be along shortly with more info!
    Keith
    Hi Keith! That's what I was thinking. Had a look at the diary and confirmed. The bulletin from Tony Drake doesn't mention the UK national meeting, just the Hoverfest from the 6th onward. To me it's all one big hoverfest! If I can make it to any of the events I'll be happy.
    Last edited by Hovertrekker; 3-Jan-12 at 11:14 PM.
    Dave Reyburn

Extremely active > 250 posts! Club Member

Wink Re: Nottingham Hoverfest

Hi Dave and all.

seasons greetings and lets hope for a pain and crash free 2012!

as Keith O advised there is a UK national round 2nd to 4th June (3 day bank hol event as some members might not be able to take the queens extra day bank hol on the 5th)

for those who decide to stay for the 5th - and/or throughout the week we are putting on speed trials, hovercross, an endurance race, a criuse off site and some non hover entertainment like sailing lesssons for under 16's, a lads and dad's ( girls and mums as well) assult course, under 16's dragon racing if we can get a minimum of 16 participants, a cycle ride into Nottingham (2.5 miles on level cycle paths and a few roads mostly local roads low traffic levels) to see the Nottingham castle, the trip to jerusalem (the oldest pub in the world its claimed - ghosts caves and all sorts of historical legends). A live band called the score ( many members have seen them before)will be entertaining all across the road at the regatta centre one evening along with a BBQ event.
    we may well lay on a stage on site for "entertainment by members own bands" as we do have some superstars in our midst!
    Midlands branch are hatching some other features as well to make it a great weeks holiday for those who can spend half term with their kids ( and put up with other club members for a whole 9 days!!!)
    then on the 9th and 10th a full on EHF event.
    those who need to leave following the UK round but want to return for the EHF can leave their vans craft whatever pitched up as the site will be reasonably secure at all times and locked from 11.00 pm until 07.00 each night.
    One member and her worse half will be celebrating a special day during this week and have already extended an invitation to those who will be there to join them in their celebration ( bring your own booze!) LOL!!

I am hoping many of our good friends in Europe and from further afield might be able to make a holiday of this and come over to join in the UK round as well as all the rest of the events.

I hope this sounds attractive to you and all who read this and that you can try your best to come along and join in.
    If any one has any questions about the event do please feel free to PM me or start a thread which i will pick up on (eventually!)

kind regards to all.
    Keith Rhodes

Very active > 100 posts

That all sounds great Keith. We're really looking forward to all of it.

Are you by any chance able to organise an electric hookup for the 8 nights, like we had at the Worlds?

Very active > 100 posts Club Member datkins's Avatar

is any one going to post this in the us facebook page etc?

Extremely active > 250 posts! Club Member

I am quite not sure yet if funds will be available for hook up as we would need to hire in a site generator.
    the site has no utilities connected at all.
    its high up on the wish list though.

feel free to put vthis event out on face book copying all that was set out above and anywhere else you feel interest might be drawn to the event

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Probably missed it but are there showers?
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"