Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nottingham Hoverfest

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Default Re: Nottingham Hoverfest

Top work Keith et al!

All very impressive from where I sit!

Totally and absolutely agree about the fair play!

Keep up the good work, very much appreciated!

B.

Very active > 100 posts

Excellent news on the hookup Keith. Well done. You've definitely got one customer!
    Quote Originally Posted by rhodes5577 View Post
    Hi all,

spot on with the facilities acrioss the road from Monday 4th onwards.

From last nights midlands branch meeting we feel that there will be sufficent demand for hook up to hire in a big generator and cables - but there is going to be a charge of probably 20.00 per unit or hook up into the power feeds for the whole 9 days. We will have to take a view on those who will not be there all the time on a lowe charge.
    There will be some rules too about multiple feeds off one hook up!! this will not be permitted! If we have to put out significant cost and risk to lay this on I expect all who use it to contribute fairly! Thats not unreasonable is it?

Shortly we will be setting up an advance booking page to allow people to "register their intent" so we can get some sort of handle on numbers and demands for power.

I have a meeting with Notts County Council next week to get direction from the SAG team ( special events action group) and will then finalize the whole event.
    the next month should see this all get sorted out and a programme released.

More than 30 posts! Club Member garagewayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carlathomas View Post
    Excellent news on the hookup Keith. Well done. You've definitely got one customer!
    And another

Extremely active > 250 posts! Club Member

Wouter,

I do have a site plan and a course marked up on it- but its at work and its in need of updating anyway!
    If you google the national water sports centre at Nottingham UK, locate the main building and car park on that location then scroll due south across the road, on the other side is one big goddam lake! over 100 acres (wots that in metric!) water and slightly more land.
    Hence the adopted site name the big lake!
    Heres a picture of the camping area.
    Notice the wonderful toilet block, on site supermarket, health spa and pub -not!

dont worry - facilities are all in hand - we are partnering with the regatta centre who will permit us to use their fantastic facilities (from Monday PM 4th - due to a major event they have on the 2nd to 4th)

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

[QUOTE=rhodes5577;75744]Wouter,

over 100 acres (wots that in metric!)!

Approx 40 Hectares
    Chris and the boys

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

That would be over 40 hectare!

Is that the lake where the races are? If I remember well, there was a camping area on the side of the road. Is that where we camp? Or is there a campsite at the NWSC, inside their gates?

Looking forward to it, I try to be there Friday to help out with the last stuff.

Thanks for the reply,
    Wouter
    A bit east of your island

Quote Originally Posted by rhodes5577 View Post
    Wouter,

I do have a site plan and a course marked up on it- but its at work and its in need of updating anyway!
    If you google the national water sports centre at Nottingham UK, locate the main building and car park on that location then scroll due south across the road, on the other side is one big goddam lake! over 100 acres (wots that in metric!) water and slightly more land.
    Hence the adopted site name the big lake!
    Heres a picture of the camping area.
    Notice the wonderful toilet block, on site supermarket, health spa and pub -not!

dont worry - facilities are all in hand - we are partnering with the regatta centre who will permit us to use their fantastic facilities (from Monday PM 4th - due to a major event they have on the 2nd to 4th)

Wouter
    aka Hoverholic