Thread: Popham Hoverin - 12th February 2012

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Default Popham Hoverin - 12th February 2012

The Southern Branch is holding a hoverin at Popham Airfield, Hampshire on 12th February and all are welcome.

See the details attached to the calendar date.

If you would like to come, perhaps you could e-mail me beforehand so that we can guage the amount of interest being shown, especially if you are coming for rides and driver tuition.

Oh! There will be a slight delay before the picture of the airfield can be posted. In the meantime, if you want to, you can go onto the website for Popham Airfield. The link is in the calendar details. (Note the mention of all day breakfasts under the cafe heading)

Look forward to seeing you on the day.

Bob Beech.

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Default Re: Popham Hoverin - 12th February 2012

Map of site attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member Jon Pert's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Popham Hoverin - 12th February 2012

Just got back from Popham. Last minute decision last night to pop down and catch with some peeps!

Craft is still experiencing lift engine issues so left it curled up in the warehouse at work. Jumped in the car at a rather early 9am on a Sunday and shot down there with Tracey and Sasha.

Got there and met up with Bob, the Trusslers and the Deacons. It was on the chilly side!

More craft and peeps arrived during the morning and by the time we left there were 8 craft there having a great time.

I did wonder if we had had a noise complaint when the rozzers turned up but as it happened they just wanted to have a play!!

Pic of the day for me was Mr Trussler wearing false moustach's on his eyebrows. Reminded me of a certain rock star...

Rob Trussler

Noel Gallagher

Good to catch up with the guys that were there, and thanks to Roger for the burgers! Now at home with my feet up gently thawing!
    Cheers

SixpackPert

"Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

More than 10 posts! Club Member

Thumbs up Re: Popham Hoverin - 12th February 2012

I'd like to echo Jon's comment. Thanks to all that were involved in organising the event, also thank you to roger for organising a BBQ, in February, in the snow. The kids (especially rob) had a fantasic time, even in the slightly chilly conditions.

Marie