Thread: Vortex Race Shop

More than 30 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

Default Vortex Race Shop

The Vortex mobile shop will not be at all the meetings this year, I am not racing this year and the cost of towing the shop is high. To make enough profit to cover the towing cost from Somerset I need to sell around 400 (pounds) at a meeting, over the last 2 seasons the average sales have been just under 100 (pounds). So on pure economic grounds it does not make commercial sense.

Could not get website to accept the pound sign???

There are a number of reasons why sales are so low, craft have become more reliable due to better design and construction, drivers are better prepared and bring more equipment with them, and there are more people selling out of the boots of cars etc In tight economic times as these that is to be expected

Also the company is expanding, moving more into the commercial market and as such we are moving to much bigger premises during May and June. We are struggling for space to build our 9 seat Vortex 7+, which is our new commercial craft, and sales for this are encouraging, as such we need to be prepared so we can meet future demand.

We are not moving out of the racing scene, in fact we have just shipped 2 craft to the USA and have another one ready for Italy, its that just producing racing craft as a business does not work as the market is so small and garage builders can, and always will, be able to produce cheaper craft than a commercial company.

We will let you know which meetings we will be attending and of course we will post to you any parts you want.

Many thanks to the drivers who have supported the shop so far.

Cheers

Keith

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Default Re: Vortex Race Shop

Thank you for the update Keith, and a bigger thank you for all the times you have helped me and many like me when we have been stuck for bits at a meeting ( or with the use of your welding skills!) Good luck with your company expansion and i look forward to seeing you race again soon

best wishes

jo x

More than 10 posts! Club Member

Thanks, hope to see you at some of the events, but good luck with the business developments.
    David

Club Member

Thank you both for the good wishes .... lots going on, moving factory, trying to finish new Vortex 7 and keeping up with all the other orders... busy, busy, busy....... well its better than being idle.

Will be back as soon as the chaos subsides...

regards

keith

More than 30 posts! Club Member griffi5686's Avatar

Hi Keith,

Thanks for all of your help in the past and best wishes for the expansion plans.

Regards,

Andy

Club Member

Thanks for hat Andy, as posted elsewhere we now have plans in hand for the race shop to be at every meeting so we can continue with the service.

Cheers

keith