+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inflatable Hovercraft ?

Less than 10 posts so far!

Question Inflatable Hovercraft ?

Hi all,

Many years ago, perhaps in the 70's or early 80's, I remember seeing some hovercraft with inflatable hulls, like an old style 'rubber dingy....
    Does anyone have any information about these craft? Diagrams, descriptions, pictures would be a great help...
    Or if the manufacturer still exists or someone out there has the plans / designs, a contact or website would be ideal....

Thanks everyone,

Ian.

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Default Re: Inflatable Hovercraft ?

They were made by a company called Pindair Skima Hovercraft run by a guy called Mike Pinder in Gosport Hants. Company no longer exists and I don't think theres a specific website but theres several examples of their work at the Hovercraft Museum at Lee on Solent Hampshire http://hovercraft-museum.org/ They have an open day coming up on 28/29 April where you can see more, including some current HCGB craft. Its just possible Mike will be there but if you want to contact him I'm sure the museum can pass you on.
    Keith

Forum God > 400 posts Council
    Club Member

You could contact Steve Walsh.

He built and raced one as a university project just 5 years ago that he could fold up into a 1m cube.

Chris
    Chris and the boys

Robert Hiseman Club Member

Hi

im local to the museum and there all the time and so can sort you out some information, what do you require the info for as it would help with what i need to sort for you, and the rubber dingy type ones your probabily thinking of is Skima 4's which looked much like an inflatable rib

Rob

+ Reply to Thread