Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turnstone Hovercraft

Less than 10 posts so far!

Default Turnstone Hovercraft

Does aanyone know anything about turnstone hovercraft? i'm newto the world of hovercrafts and have found a turnstone one but i cant find any literature on the web at all for them! The webpage doesn't work and the phone numbers were answered by a man who didn't know anything about turnstone hovercraft! Any help would be much appreciated, cheers, Oliver.

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Default Re: Turnstone Hovercraft

I dont know much about Turnstone hovercraft other than the one on ebay is a racing craft.

If you intend racing then I think your options with regards racing category would be limited with this craft. It certainly is no good for using in coastal water as a cruising craft as there is very little freeboard.

The hull does look well cool though with the twin thrust ducts.

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Turnstone Hovercraft doesn't exist any more, however the owner Piers Coleman-Cooke is still around. I'll be seeing him shortly to return a set of moulds for the racing craft we built a couple of years back as in the picture below. I know he also has a set of moulds for a cruiser that he developed. Looks similar to a scaled up version of the racer but with more freeboard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TZR.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	6410

The one on Ebay is probably at least 20 years old, and the only thing on it that's likely to be much use these days is the lift engine if it's a runner.

If you want to get in touch with Piers send me a PM with your details and I'll send them on to him.

Regards

Kevin
    Last edited by foster2958; 27-May-12 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Lookd at ebay advert

Cheers, its not the one on ebay at the moment, its on old ebay item! i will post a picture soonish!

That is a picture of the hull if anyone knows anything?

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

I *think* that used to belong to a feller called Colin Horne....not 100% tho.

Extremely active > 250 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishionado View Post
    I *think* that used to belong to a feller called Colin Horne....not 100% tho.
    His colours, no one else used yellow/black
    I'r Gad!

More than 10 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

The racing number is a world champs 2000 england number . i to think it is Colin Horne's craft , could be confirmed by looking in a champs race programme . is the craft just out side Preston . if so i have lots more info .