Thread: SE Cruise this satuday August 18th 2012

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Default SE Cruise this satuday August 18th 2012

We discussed the planned Blackwater cruise last night at the SE branch meeting and looking at who's pledged an appearance, decided to make it easier on ourselves and move it to the Swale/Medway.

So - looking at the tide, we decided to vary things slightly and will be launching at 4pm from the Long Reach Ski Club. We'll go off for a few hours and maybe 30 odd miles, and then return to the ski club for a BBQ and a couple of beers.

Weather and wind look superb and a bit of evening cruising will make a change.

So, please mail me if you're coming and not on the list below. This is an HCGB event, so you'll need to be an HCGB member to bring a craft along. All welcome at the BBQ of course.

So far we have

Phil Ham - Marlin Extreme
    Dave Sax - Marlin Extreme
    Keith Oakley - Whisper (it needs a name!)
    Dave Hall - Marlin Extreme
    Russ Pullen - Coastal-Pro
    Gary Brown - Marlin Freestyle
    Nelson Wood (possible) in whatever I lend the freeloader...!
    Carl Christina - Marlin II

All and everyone with a suitable cruising craft (and HCGB membership) are welcome.

Please arrive at the Long Reach Ski Club at 3.30pm for a 4pm departure. I'll be collecting a fiver from each craft owner towards the cost of the gate key. Bring your drink and whatever grub you want to throw on the bbq. I only have a small BBQ, so a couple more will be appreciated or it may be a wait!

Any questions, mail me at russ -at-flyingfishhovercraft.co.uk or call me on 07584 996 552

Default Re: SE Cruise this satuday August 18th 2012

For those that have asked - directions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Directions to Long Reach.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	6476

Another one... Trevor Season and his Marlin now confirmed.

Looking like a good turnout, other makes of craft are perfectly acceptable as its pretty much a one-make cruise so far!

Bring some snags for the BBQ!

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishionado View Post
    Another one... Trevor Season and his Marlin now confirmed.

Looking like a good turnout, other makes of craft are perfectly acceptable as its pretty much a one-make cruise so far!

Bring some snags for the BBQ!
    Definetly something fishy going on

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Great way to spend a gloriously warm summer saturday evening. A 25 mile cruise around a millpond like eastern Swale at low tide with obligatory pub stop at Harty Ferry followed by some local driving and rides for friends/family then a barbecue as the sun went down. Marred on the return only by my craft shedding an inlet valve 2 miles from home - but when you've got a fleet of Flying Fish to tow you home, and bring out fresh beers from the fridge; whats the prob!

My thanks to all who helped with craft recovery. Great to meet so many new folk. I'm sure Russ will be along with a video soon. Must do it again soon!

Keith

Very enjoyable day, it was shame Keith had his dramas, but at least the tide was on our side and there was plenty of help available.

Anyway - put a little video together for those that want a look. Check out the big gully at the end...why do they always look smaller on video tho!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP2Agexnm-Y

Thanks to all that came along. Apparently one of our expected craft couldn't find the launch point so he gave up and spent the evening buzzing round on the Medway on his own!

Russ