Thread: thumbs up - thumbs down

Extremely active > 250 posts! Club Member

Default thumbs up - thumbs down

been to watch the stock car/banger racing today - they have an interesting marshalling thing where stranded drivers after incidents show thumbs up or thumbs down to the marshalls to show wether they are in distress

thumbs down instant red flag, race stops

thumbs up the race continues at a slow pace with drivers in order (like us under waved yellow) until driver/vehicle is safe and then green flag and race continues

marshalls do not need to guess wether a driver is in distress or not

perhaps a practice we should adopt? comments ?

Extremely active > 250 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

Default Re: thumbs up - thumbs down

Probably a lot easier to manage in a 40 metre oval than in the middle of Rother Valley.

Our marshals are actually very good at assessing situations. Drivers are sometime not very good at working out whether they're Ok, particularly when the adrenalin is pumping full blast- I've run 5-6 metres before realising only one leg was working after one accident.

Trust your marshals- most are absolutely on top of whether a red is needed.
    I'r Gad!

Very active > 100 posts Family/group Member
    Comps Cttee.

Default Re: thumbs up - thumbs down

"thumbs up the race continues at a slow pace with drivers in order (like us under waved yellow) until driver/vehicle is safe and then green flag and race continues"

just for clarity, we don't have a no over taking under waved yellows rule.....

makes a change, but personally I agree with Ewan....

there was a similar thread a couple of months ago, where someone proposed a signal for a driver in distress in water, and all the pros and cons of this were discussed.....