Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60's Hovercraft Videos

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Default 60's Hovercraft Videos

Ken Anderson, the driving force behind the Army Hoverclub branch of the HCGB, has posted a fantastic video of various UK hovercraft rallies from the late '60s. - http://www.kenandglen.com/videos/HCGB_60s.mov

If you think nothing much has changed take a look at these very early days before many craft racing together had been invented, when craft didn't go over hump on water, when crossing a bed of scaffold poles was a significant challenge and before fan guards....

Thanks Ken

Keith

Default Re: 60's Hovercraft Videos

It maybe my end but the link is not opening for me.

It's probably because you have a slow internet connection. I think Ken is hosting it on a server which requires the whole file to download before it will play rather than streaming it in chunks as per our own live service or you tube.
    Keith

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Oakley View Post
    Ken Anderson, the driving force behind the Army Hoverclub branch of the HCGB, has posted a fantastic video of various UK hovercraft rallies from the late '60s. - http://www.kenandglen.com/videos/HCGB_60s.mov

If you think nothing much has changed take a look at these very early days before many craft racing together had been invented, when craft didn't go over hump on water, when crossing a bed of scaffold poles was a significant challenge and before fan guards....

Thanks Ken

Keith
    Hi Ken / Keith

Would it be possible to get a download copy of the video that I can show at the AGM please

Thanks

Del Smart

Very active > 100 posts Club Member datkins's Avatar

wow thrust testing using a piece of string!, not sure many could do that now!

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Love it, well worth a look! Thanks for that. Any chance of him 'youtubing' it? (is that a verb yet?)

It still wont open for me

With Kens permission I have hosted it on my new test server - http://archive.hover-racing.org It's still a bit buggy but you might want to try it there Al.

This is a server at my home running on a 25 raspberry pi computer so don't expect it to work if lots of you hit it at once. However I am testing new software methods which should allow Android Tablets & Phones, Iphones Ipads etc to see both the replay and live streams rather than just PC's as in the past. So I'd like members to try it. I'd appreciate feedback here on which device / browser you've tried and whether it worked or not. If it didn't can you please report what error message you saw.

Thanks
    Keith
    Last edited by Keith Oakley; 11-Jan-13 at 03:33 PM.