Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 60's Hovercraft Videos

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Default Re: 60's Hovercraft Videos

Definetly made some progress since then. Great to see the lack of health & safety regs.

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Oakley View Post
    With Kens permission I have hosted it on my new test server - http://archive.hover-racing.org It's still a bit buggy but you might want to try it there Al.

This is a server at my home running on a 25 raspberry pi computer so don't expect it to work if lots of you hit it at once. However I am testing new software methods which should allow Android Tablets & Phones, Iphones Ipads etc to see both the replay and live streams rather than just PC's as in the past. So I'd like members to try it. I'd appreciate feedback here on which device / browser you've tried and whether it worked or not. If it didn't can you please report what error message you saw.

Thanks
    Keith
    Works for me on Ipad running IOS 6, thanks Keith.

Forum God > 400 posts Family/group Member coles2196/01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Oakley View Post
    With Kens permission I have hosted it on my new test server - http://archive.hover-racing.org It's still a bit buggy but you might want to try it there Al.

This is a server at my home running on a 25 raspberry pi computer so don't expect it to work if lots of you hit it at once. However I am testing new software methods which should allow Android Tablets & Phones, Iphones Ipads etc to see both the replay and live streams rather than just PC's as in the past. So I'd like members to try it. I'd appreciate feedback here on which device / browser you've tried and whether it worked or not. If it didn't can you please report what error message you saw.

Thanks
    Keith
    Hello, I have just watched on our iPad 3 and it loaded up very quickly and played with no buffering. Was it at Woburn ( before my time)?
    Growing old is compulsory -
    Growing up is optional!

More than 30 posts!

Thanks Ken and Keith. Just watched on a Samsung tablet running Android 4. Worked fine.
    Roger Morton
    roger@rhm.name

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

We've had about 50 hits with a variety of devices so it's looking good so far, but more hits and feedback would be welcome.

I've been doing a bit of hover-archeology putting together a draft commentary to dub onto the video, using my own recollections and the invaluable help of Bulletin 5 (1967) from the HCGB's own online archive. The draft is also available at archive.hover-racing.org I'd welcome corrections and folk filling in the gaps.

I think the video covers Isle of Wight & Sutton in Ashfield Rallies 1967 and a latter one unidentified. I've managed to id many of the characters of those historic early days - the first year of real HCGB events, pre racing but when many of the 'way we do things' was established.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith Oakley; 12-Jan-13 at 11:08 AM.

More than 10 posts! Club Member

Thats great " Those magnificent Men in their flying machines " springs to mind!! Thanks for posting..

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Hi, brilliant footage!
    Works fine for me on an iPhone, both wifi and 3G.

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Thanks Keith and Ken
    I was able to watch the archive site on my Samsung andriod phone no problem, but not the qt file I downloaded.
    Great to see how many variations of hovercraft have exisited since the first 2 tin cans....