I am trying to set up a youth group. It is hoped that eventually the youths will build a hovercraft either from a kit/ hull or plans. The aim of the group is to introduce youths & hopefully their parents / guardians into the world of hovercraft. Because of our location the group will be more focused on the cruising side because we have easy access to the sea. Other areas will be water safety and approprite RYA training courses etc.

I currently have a small cruising craft that has been loaned for use by the youths.

I need help & advice as to how I stand legally?

How I go about getting insurance cover? & what cover I need?

The age group I am looking at is 11 to 20 year olds.

I have a declaration Scotland on myself of the highest security level, which was done by the Scottish Ambulance service (my employers).