Thread: I'm a college student from India, want to build a hovercraft but want help as I'm a novice.

More than 10 posts! Club Member

Default I'm a college student from India, want to build a hovercraft but want help as I'm a novice.

I'm a college student from India. I want to make a single seater double engine double fan hovercraft, but I have no experience as I haven't made one.

I already have a kohler ch940 34hp engine for the thrust and 8 blade fan which has a 5z blade.
    Please help me with build, so that I can participate at one of the events in UK. Thank you.

Extremely active > 250 posts! Scrutineer
    Club Member

Default Re: I'm a college student from India, want to build a hovercraft but want help as I'm a novice.

In real terms you'd struggle to build from scratch a craft that is competitive from these beginnings. We publish a book on CD Rom "The Constructor's Guide", which contains some useful information, but design has moved forward a great deal in recent years.

A number of companies sell plans, some of which are worth using, while others are very old, or even untested.

If you want to come and race in Britain I'd suggest that buying a hull is probably the best way forward to get a contemporary design.

Good luck
    I'r Gad!

Default Re: I'm a college student from India, want to build a hovercraft but want help as I'm a novice.

could you suggest me someone from whom I can buy it?

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Hi Ranjeet
    Hows that craft I helped with last year coming along? Is it hovering well with the new skirt? Any pics?
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Oakley View Post
    Hi Ranjeet
    Hows that craft I helped with last year coming along? Is it hovering well with the new skirt? Any pics?
    Keith
    Hi Keith. Yeah the craft which we made last year, had an extremely heavy hull, so it couldn't hover. This time we are trying to make a lighter hull, so that it can hover.

Your contribution was really great but it was our manufacturing error that we couldn't make it possible.