Hackett's Lake travel notice - just a little advice from the Nottinghamians.... if you are descending upon us from the North or South of the country via the M1, we would strongly advise avoiding M1 J24, A453. This is currently being converted into a duel carriage way and is a nightmare in rush hour taking around 60 minutes to cover the 5 miles from the M1 to Clifton. Coming from the South, leave the M1 at J21a following the A46 Newark signs, leaving the A46 for the A606 to Nottingham. Leave the A606 for the A52 and you will see the National Water sports Centre signs. From the North, take any of J27 to J25. J25 picks up the A52 and will head you in the right direction.
Full site address; Hackett's Fisheries, Adbolton Lane, Holmes Pierrepont, Nottingham. NG12 2LD. Any problems inbox me!

PS - I'm informed the A606 has resurfacing work going on, I've searched the interweb and can't find too much information about time schedules etc... there is a diversion in place. However if you continue down the A46 the National Water Sports Centre is signed posted some 2-3 miles after the A606 turn off.

This is posted on FB also.