Thread: How pro this club is!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Newbie Club Member

Default How pro this club is!

I would just like to say how professional this club is. Despite what i've been told this by far is a very welcoming and professional club. I wish i had become more active in this club then any other. Down to earth and modern! Respect to you all.
    Last edited by Dowster; 12-Aug-14 at 11:32 PM.

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Default Re: How pro this club is!

Thank you for your comments.

Members are welcome to enhance this club and its ability to provide benefits for other members and prospective members.

Thanks

Chris
    Chris and the boys

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Yes we are...

not like those ******s -The Peoples Front of Judea!

Are you still hovering Dave? if so, you're welcome to come along on our regular cruises. We GO cruising, others just talk about it!

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Talking Re: How pro this club is!

Just in case someone wants the T shirt :-)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monty-Python...front+of+judea
    Last edited by Alan Wilkins; 15-Aug-14 at 03:00 PM.

Seriously though Russ, a few more weeks and I should have my TS3 flying, so I would be happy to lay on a cruise in my neck of the woods if anyone is interested in cruising in north west Scotland

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Hi Alan I'd love to come up to Scotland again, I've had many a happy hovering holiday there in the past from the Firth of Forth to Loch Lubnaig. The challenge though is that Scotland only makes sense for a week long event and I think many members find it difficult to find the time for another week long event.

Down south there are more cruising events this year than national race meetings, but they're easy to get to for a day or weekend. There are 2 well established week long events (The Irish Raid and French Raid) which attract support from UK cruisers.

Personally I also do timing and tv coverage at the 6/7 UK race meetings and usually 2 European race meetings (each of which is usually a 1-2 week jaunt) so the schedule is pretty full.

I think the solution is to get more people using cruising craft which will increase the 'pool' of people from which a few will attend a particular event, then we can support more 'long distance' events. I'm working with other members to facilitate this.

So I'm sure we'll be up to join you for a big cruise sometime but maybe not yet! But the beauty of cruising is it doesn't have to be a big heavy event. If an individual member has the opportunity to take his craft up to Scotland to join you for a few days I'm sure they will contact you and arrange a trip out with you. In the southeast we often get messages like - weathers good saturday fancy a trip? and 2 craft buddy up to explore our prime Kentish mud!

Keith

I can see where your coming from Keith, as its the distance and the time needed to get to a meeting that stops me from racing. I'm all for encouraging more people into cruising. Anyone in / coming to north Scotland fancy meeting up for a cruise then I'm up for it as long as no prior / work commitments stopping me. As I said in an earlier post the TS3 should be sorted shortly, just waiting on some bits to arrive.