Thread: Do you remember Don Draper?

Very active > 100 posts Club Member

Default Do you remember Don Draper?

Hi Folks

I recently received the following message through the Club contact system:

Hello,
    My name is Don Draper, and I was one of the original Hover Club members when it was first formed. I became the Chief Scrutineer and council member for the club back in those days I also helped to write the original rule book. This was in the days when Jeff Harding was the chairman, and Pat Maddox was the secretary. Under the club rules I was also chairman of the Manchester branch after George Armitage. I am now well into my eighties, and I have some 8 mm film and transparencies taken at the early club events. I have also memories of events, like the attempts to set up a world speed record. It has struck me that this material will only end up as land-fill when I eventually turn my toes skywards. I wondered if it was of any value to the club, should I chose to donate it.
    In return, I wondered if the club can put me in touch with Mike Turner who used to live on the Wirral. Mike had the dubious claim to fame when he sank on the ‘Clark Cushion’ into the lake at the Capesthorne Hall rally in the seventies. Other names that I remember were Nigel Beale and Jeff Kent. If they are still alive I would like to renew my acquaintance with them and swap memories.

If anyone can help Don, or would like to contact him, please let me know and I will pass your messages and/or details along.

Kevin Foster
    HCGB Chairman

Forum God > 400 posts Club Member

Default Re: Do you remember Don Draper?

Hi Kevin

I remember Don. I'll send you an email with some thoughts, and I'll happily write to Don if you pass on his contact details

Keith

Very active > 100 posts Club Member hover snapper's Avatar

Mabe the hovercraft museum would be a good place.
    Keep smiling!

More than 30 posts! Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by hover snapper View Post
    Mabe the hovercraft museum would be a good place.
    Would be the perfect place.

I live in Portsmouth, its just over the water from me, I can run it over there some time.